Flexi-Hex ("We", “Our” or "Us”) is a company registered in England and Wales. Our Registered company number is 10666482 and Our Registered address is The Net Loft, Porthleven, Cornwall, TR13 9JX.
Maintaining the security of your personal data is important to Us at Flexi-Hex, and We are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We promise to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Flexi-Hex is also dedicated to being transparent about what data We collect about
you and how We use it.
All personal information will be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed
unlawfully. We ensure that your personal data will:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we obtain from other sources will be processed by us when you:
- use our website: www.flexi-hex.com
- purchase products from us
- YOUR RIGHTS
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW LONG WE KEEP THAT DATA FOR
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. YOUR RIGHTS
As an individual you have the following rights:
a) The right to be informed – the right to know what information We hold, why We hold it &
how long We will hold it for.
b) The Right of Access - the right to ask for a copy of personal data that We hold about you.
c) The right of rectification - the right to ask Us to update and correct any out-of-date or
incorrect personal data that We hold about you.
d) The right of erasure or to be forgotten - the right (in certain circumstances) to request that
We delete personal data held on you; where We no longer have any legal reason to retain it.
e) The right to restrict processing - the right (in certain circumstances) to ask Us to ‘restrict
processing of data’; which means that We would need to secure and retain the data for your
benefit but not otherwise use it.
f) The right to data portability - the right (in certain circumstances) to ask Us to supply you with
some of the personal data We hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or
to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation.
g) The right to object - the right to opt out of any marketing communications that We may send
you and to object to Us using/holding your personal data if We have no legitimate reasons to do
h) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - The right not to be subject to
automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact Us at [email protected] or on
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Flexi-Hex (and trusted partners acting on Our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with Us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about Our promotional offers and products
and services which We think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Flexi-Hex to manage customer service interactions with you;
- where We have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Flexi-Hex will use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes, but only when you have
opted into our newsletter or made a purchase.
We will update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the “unsubscribe” link in emails;
2. contacting Flexi-Hex via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
We may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity online and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows Us to ensure that We contact you with
information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, We use software and
other technology (automated processing).
Other third parties
Flexi-Hex will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent Our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where We are required to do so: -
- to comply with Our legal obligations;
- to exercise Our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of Our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Flexi-Hex to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to
special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, We will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and
all personal data will be secure.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Flexi-Hex may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone
numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Flexi-Hex website;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your correspondence and communications with Flexi-Hex;
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as on Instagram, Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and We do not knowingly collect data relating to
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, We may need to collect additional data for
the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for
example when you send an email to Our customer services team. Other personal data is
collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect
personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to Us, or from
publicly available sources.
purchasing behaviour by people who access Our websites. This includes information about pages
viewed, products purchased and the customer journey around Our websites. Detailed
4. HOW LONG WE KEEP THAT DATA FOR
We will keep your personal data throughout your relationship with us. We will deem our
relationship to be ongoing unless we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you terminate your
account and request that your data is purged.
Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived
copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the
law, except when we have received a valid erasure request.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymised information, such as website visits, without
identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We will always do Our best to keep your personal data secure. Steps We take in order to do this
include the use of technical controls (such as encryption and network protection), limiting the
number of people working for Us who have access to your data and ensuring that they are
trained in protecting your personal data.
Where We use external suppliers to process your personal data, We put contracts in place to
make sure that they treat it as carefully as We would and use it only in accordance with the
instructions that We give to them. Where these suppliers operate outside of the European
Economic Area (EEA), We will make sure that the levels of protection provided are at least equal
to those required by UK law.
6. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Flexi-Hex will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Flexi-Hex asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, We recommend that you always log outand close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, We recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your
online safety both in relation to Flexi-Hex and more generally: -
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters, numbers and characters is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal
data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.